Do you want pearly white teeth that are properly shaped and aligned?
According to your Lindenhurst, IL, dentist, beautiful teeth are attainable. If you want to improve the appearance of your smile, maybe you'd like to try veneers.
Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain covers cemented to the exterior surface of your teeth. They are strong, don't stain and look like natural tooth enamel. Your doctor actually removes some enamel off the surface of your natural teeth before bonding the veneers. This part of the procedure irreversible, but aligns veneers with the rest of your natural teeth.
In recent years, technology has created veneers thin enough to be placed on the existing tooth surface. The natural-looking restoration improves many aesthetic issues:
- Say goodbye to stained teeth: Teeth stain over time. It results from drinking coffee and tea, eating staining foods like blueberries, smoking, chewing tobacco, or old age.
- Don't deal with peculiarly shaped and abnormally sized teeth: Teeth-grinding, everyday wear and tear, or naturally pegged teeth are hidden when you use veneers that are shaped the way you want: squarer, rounder, smaller, or taller.
- Eliminate large gaps between teeth: Your Lindenhurst dentist uses veneers to close small gaps between teeth and can even correct slight alignment issues.
It's important to take care of your veneers:
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
- Avoid dental-staining food, such as blueberries.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular checkups and professional cleanings to remove hardened plaque.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle, to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris.
- Get fluoride treatment to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay.
Want to learn more about veneers? Call our Lindenhurst, IL, office at (847) 265-9070 for more information!